Edgewood & Joppatowne Independence Day Parade
3P Wants YOU!!
3P will be marching in the Edgewood/Joppatowne, Havre de Grace and Bel Air parades! Anyone wanting to march with us please complete the signup form below.
If you are not participating in the parades we hope you can come watch the parade with your family and friends! Cheer us on!!!
EDGEWOOD/JOPPATOWNE PARADE DETAILS
Greetings 2022 Parade Participants,
We are excited that the 2022 Edgewood Joppatowne Independence Day festivities are only a few days away! We hope you and your groups are just as excited! As promised, below is some additional information and instructions regarding the festivities this Saturday, July 2nd. Please read the below in its entirety. If you have additional questions after reading this, please email the Committee at Edg.Joppa.Independence@gmail.com.
- The parade will begin at 6pm on Saturday, July 2nd in Edgewood, MD.
- The 2022 Theme is “Unending Community, Pride, Strength & Unity”.
- First and foremost, please remember that this is a family friendly event. Appropriate behavior and attire is required at all times.
- Please make sure you and everyone within your group or unit are familiar with the distributed parade rules and regulations. Anyone not abiding by the rules will be asked to leave the event. A copy of the parade rules and regulations is attached for your reference.
- You must display the name of your organization so it can be recognized by the spectators.
- Elected officials are ONLY allowed to display his/her name and office/position. Officials may not display a sign or banner with the office for which they are running for or the words “Elect” or “Vote”. Prohibited signs will be removed and/or covered prior to you being allowed to participate in the parade.
- Individuals currently running for a political position are ONLY allowed to display his/her name. Signs and/or banners cannot advertise any position that you are running for or contain the words “Elect” or “Vote”. Prohibited signs will be removed and/or covered prior to you being allowed to participate in the parade.
- There is no smoking allowed along the parade route.
- Please ensure you and your participants pick up after themselves while in the line-up area and along the parade route.
- If you have not yet submitted your signed Acknowledgement and Liability form please do so TODAY. All forms must be submitted prior to July 2nd or you will not be allowed to participate. Please make arrangements to submit your form prior to July 2nd to avoid the exchange of paperwork the day of.
- Portable restrooms will be located at the line up area, and also at Cunion Field.
- Remember to have fun, smile and wave to the spectators along the way!
- Parade participants will line up and form at Deerfield Elementary School (2307 Willoughby Beach Road Edgewood, MD 21040), make a left and proceed down Willoughby Beach Road, crossing MD Route 755 (Edgewood Road) onto Trimble Road. Continuing on Trimble Road, crossing over MD Route 24 towards Cunion Field (1702 Trimble Road Edgewood, MD 21040). Turn right into Cunion Field where breakdown will occur.
- Participants should breakdown and disassemble in the designated Breakdown area at Cunion Field.
- The parade route is 1.6 miles. The route is flat with a slight turn after crossing over MD Route 755 (Edgewood Road).
- Please ensure you and your participants remain hydrated before, during and after the parade.
- There will be spectators located along both sides of Trimble Road.
- The stage will be on the right side of Trimble Road near the intersection of Trimble Road and Route 24.
- A copy of the route is attached for your reference.
Arrival & Line-up
- The parade is scheduled to start at 6pm. There will be a committee member at the line-up area as early as 4:30pm.
- Plan to have your entry, to include ALL riders or participants in place at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled parade starting time. Weather related concerns may result in a change in start time. We will try our best to communicate any changes prior to, but please understand that day of decisions will be made by officials to ensure the safety of participants, spectators, the committee and public and may be made with short/limited notice.
- It is your responsibility to have sufficient supervision or chaperones for all riders and participants in order to keep everyone together so that you can start together, and we can start on time. Please ensure you communicate with your group participants to let them know where you are staged and lining up at.
- Group leaders MUST check-in at the line-up area at Deerfield Elementary to obtain additional information regarding your parade placement. Again, please ensure you communicate with your group participants to let them know where you are staged and lining up at.
- Once you and your participants arrive at the line-up area you are expected to remain in the line-up area.
- The Harford County Sheriff’s Office Deputies will begin closing down Trimble Road and connecting roads as early as 4:30pm. Please plan accordingly.
- Once Trimble Road is closed, only authorized vehicles will be allowed to pass through. Again, please plan accordingly and provide yourself with enough time to navigate any closures that may be in place.
Parking & Shuttle Service
- Everyone walking or riding in the parade is encouraged to park at Cunion Field. The parade will end at Cunion Field.
- There will be a shuttle available for participants who would like a ride from Cunion Field to the line-up area at Deerfield Elementary School.
- The shuttle will begin making runs to the line-up area at 4:15pm and will run all the way up until 5:30pm when all participants are required to be in place.
- Participants are also welcome to walk from Cunion Field down to the line-up area at Deerfield Elementary.
- Please ensure you plan accordingly and provide enough time to get to your destination.
- Should there be an emergency that warrants immediate attention, call 911.
- If you need to reach a Committee member the day of please call or text 443-282-9399 or 410-429-1464. Please note that the members will be working different areas and handling a lot of things the day of. We appreciate your patience and thank you in advance for your understanding. We will do our absolute best to answer and respond as quickly as possible.
- If for some reason, your group will no longer be able to walk in the parade, please call or text 410-429-1464 to make notification so we are not looking for you during check-in.
- If there is any type of emergency or weather call that needs to be made by the local officials and Committee, we will only contact the Point of Contact listed on the application. Communication may be done in the form of a text, email or call.
Committee Contact Information
Email Address: Edg.Joppa.Independence@gmail.com Phone Numbers: 443-282-9399 and 410-429-1464
Lastly, the Committee has worked very very hard throughout the year to make this a family friendly and safe event. We appreciate your willingness to participate in the 2022 festivities and look to you to help us make this a fun, safe and memorable event.
Do not forget….there will be a FREE concert following the parade at Cunion Field. There is ample parking at Cunion Field. There will be food truck vendors, a balloon artist and face painter for the kids! Bring your blankets and chairs to continue in the fun!
A copy of the event flyer is attached, do not forget to share with your friends, family and social media followers and tag the “Edgewood/Joppatowne Independence Day Parade” page on Facebook!
Thank you again and we look forward to celebrating with you!
The Edgewood Joppatowne Independence Day Committee